If you need to rent an air conditioner, there’s a few things you should know before calling a rental company. At Priority Rental, we’ll help you answer these questions, but we highly recommend considering the following tips so that you get the most out of your spot cooler rental.
1. Understand Your Cooling Need. First things first. You need to determine the purpose of your AC rental, how long you’ll need to rent, and if it will be used indoors or outdoors. Do you need a primary cooling source during a construction job? Do you need supplemental cooling during a heat wave? Are you looking just to spot cool small areas instead of a large space?
2. Know Your Space. Before you make the call to rent AC, you’ll want to know how much space needs to be cooled. The best measurement to know is the total cubic feet you need covered. While the area of a room is helpful, multiplying by the height of the room gives us a better idea of how much volume is needed. You’ll also want to decide if you need multiple rooms cooled or if it’s just one open area.
Want to know what ton system you’ll need? Use our simple AC calculator. Learn what a “TON” of AC really means.
3. Check Your Outlets. Understanding your power sources is an important part of the AC rental process. While smaller units generally can be plugged into a normal outlet, larger air conditioners may require special outlets or wiring. Most of our units operate on a standard 120V outlet, 15 amp and 20 amp breakers. Determine how many outlets you have available and how much voltage is available in your building.
4. Consider Ventilation. Portable ACs do exhaust air as part of the cooling process. The hot air is typically directed out of a cooled space through an exhaust duct. The duct can be vented out of a window, into a drop ceiling, or through a wall. Knowing your options in advance will help the rental company determine the best ducting options for you.
5. Know How Much Room You Need. If you are working with limited space, you’ll want to know the size of the unit you’ll be renting. This is especially important if you need to maintain some open space for maintaining walkway areas. When calling a rental company, be sure to tell them if you have any limitations in terms of space, or if you have flights of steps to go up.
6. Don’t Skimp on the Details. Don’t forget to share any important information about the space you need cooled. Ask yourself the following questions, as it will better help a rental company assist you:
- Are there a lot of windows in the room?
- How many people are working in the space?
- Do you have a lot of electronic equipment in the space?
These are important facts to share with an AC rental company, as understanding the makeup and operations of a space does factor into the amount of AC needed.
Knowing all this information before placing an order will ensure that the rental goes smoothly. Of course, Priority Rental is here to help, so if you have any questions about renting a spot cooler, call 1-800-810-4181 or fill out our contact form.