With harsher weather around the corner, it’s important to consider how your establishment will supply backup heat in an emergency. If you’re a facilities manager, you understand that a proper heating contingency plan minimizes financial risk and protects the health and safety of the building and its inhabitants.
Emergency management takes some level of time investment, which can be a reason to procrastinate. Companies who pursue and implement a well-thought-out temporary heating strategy will:
- Reduce the risk of capital loss
- Minimize downtime
- Restore operations sooner
- Maintain a sense of preparedness that keeps customers and employees at ease
At Priority Rental, we understand how important emergency planning can be. Receive a free, custom winter heating contingency plan for portable heating solutions from Priority Rental.
5 Questions to Address in a Heating Contingency Plan
Your heating contingency plan should go over the most effective way to address a hypothetical heating failure. A well-devised plan will answer the following questions:
- Which geographical risks pose the greatest threat to your industry?
- In the event of an emergency, what kind of fuel will be required to heat your space?
- How large is the space that requires temporary heat? Does the layout of your space offer proper air circulation?
- Are there industry regulations that require specific equipment?
- Will backup generators be necessary?
Making a plan is just as important as sharing it with the right individuals! Once your contingency plan is finalized, it should be shared with those who oversee operational duties.
Receive a Free Contingency Plan With Your Heater Rental
We provide free, custom contingency plans with our rental equipment. Our knowledgeable team is available 24/7 and well-equipped to handle all kinds of heating emergencies so you can tackle the unexpected!
Protect your business with an emergency temporary heating solution and a Priority Rental heating contingency plan. To learn more, contact us today.
Dealing with water damage in your commercial space? Be sure to check out our water restoration & drying equipment rentals.