Keep Your Construction Project Dry
Construction drying equipment may be necessary if you are having problems with excessive water, moisture or mold within buildings during the course and scope of construction. You will know that you need to rent construction drying equipment if you notice:
- Water seeping through or pooling on concrete slabs or floors
- Moisture developing on the surface during or after flooring installation
- Problems with drywall taping and mud not adhering properly during the drywall process
- Microbial growth or mold within the building or structure
Take a look at the image below. This is an example of an extremely large warehouse where water was pooling on concrete floors before the permanent HVAC systems were able to be activated.
We achieved a great result on this large construction drying project primarily through the use of ten (10) 5000 cfm desiccant dehumidifiers in conjunction with other ventilation equipment. By renting construction drying equipment, our client was able to satisfy their customer who was going to be touring the site shortly thereafter and complete the project on time and without penalty.
Additional Benefits of Construction Drying
In addition to moisture removal, construction drying is helpful for a number of reasons. Construction drying:
- Eliminates wet or muddy substrate prior to pouring concrete.
- Preserves HVAC equipment by preventing particulates from entering the system.
- Lengthens HVAC warranty by keeping the system off until delivery of the property.
- Prevents moisture from embedding within walls, thereby reducing mold risks.
- Accelerates drying times of drywall, coatings and paint regardless of external moisture/weather.
NOTE: Concrete cannot be dried until after it has cured for 28-45 days.
Construction Drying Drywall & Flooring
Without appropriate moisture and humidity levels, your construction materials may not be properly maintained. This in turn could result in significantly increased expenses – both in terms of having to replace materials and also potentially in terms of performance-related penalties for failing to deliver a building on time.
If construction materials like drywall tape, joint compound or mud get wet or possess high levels of latent moisture due to humidity levels within the building, they may not adhere properly to a surface. In addition, without the proper climate, paint will not dry evenly.
It’s best to control moisture before attempting to install flooring. However, if moisture levels were not monitored and controlled before installation, Priority Rental can still help even at this stage.
Work with Moisture Control Experts
If you plan from the start, we can help reduce the costs associated with maintaining proper moisture and humidity levels to permit your construction processes to proceed without delay.
Priority Rental, a Herc Rentals Business offers a number of equipment rentals that can help with your construction & structural drying efforts, including:
We also can help with emergency structural drying and tank coating applications.